An excellent Viper fighter craft from the original Battlestar Galactica, rendered by Flickr user 2 x 4. I love the way the midbody tapers to the nosecone. A clean, streamlined, faithful design. Starbuck and Apollo would be proud! (2×4)
- In your mind-blowing MOC of the Week, here is Goel Kim’s Battle of Hems Deep from The Lord of the Rings. The level of details — and sheer masses of minifigs — is Gollumesque in its madness. Says Goel, “It is 90 percent completed so far.” Hard to believe there’s still 10 percent to go! (Brothers Brick)
- Our condolences go out to the family and friends of Kathleen Fleming, director of entertainment development at Lego, who worked on projects including the TV series Lego Legends of Chima and Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles. She was 39. (Variety)
- Today in Lego video games we’ll see, but never get to play: Lego Breaking Bad. Even Walter White couldn’t get away with it. (Los Angeles Times)
- Yes, the venerable Lego company makes bonehead mistakes. For instance, they allowed a licensee to make a sticker set featuring a pervy construction worker. (Adweek)
- …And the company has apologized. (Yahoo!)
- Do you agree with Gizmodo Australia’s list of ten most useful Lego bricks?
- Finally, a side-by-side review of the original UCS X-Wing and its redesigned re-release, the Red Five X-Wing. (FBTB)
This amazingly-detailed model, by Flickrer RGB900, has just about every element a Canon fan would appreciate, right down to the red lens ring. The strap is designed from Lego tank treads and probably can’t be slung over one’s shoulder. But with a MOC this realistic, you never know!