With the success of The LEGO Movie it looks like the company is taking advantage of the heightened PR for the toy line and releasing a ton of new 2014 sets early. Continue reading
Sorry about this — doing some housecleaning for the various NYCLUG accounts.
Lots of LEGO news these past two weeks, including the newest CUUSOO set, a brick-based productivity killer from Google, and even more awesome LEGO Star Wars builds on a mini mini scale. Continue reading
- Now that the Back To The Future DeLorean is an official LEGO set, the next great 80’s movie-themed Cuusoo set could be here soon: a 30th anniversary Ghostbusters set, complete with Venkman, Stantz, Spengler, Zeddemore, the Ecto-1 mobile and yes, Slimer!
- Barnes & Noble is selling an exclusive $149 Architecture set. (PSFK)
- Here’s an oldie but goodie: Gizmodo’s Jesus Diaz’s tour of the LEGO factory from 2008.
- Despite their new LEGO Movie starring Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Batman, the film’s directors insist “We’re not making Justice League.” (Digital Spy)
- A Netflix-type service called Pleygo will allow you to build sets then return them without having to buy the set. This could work! (GeekDad)
- Two more Minecraft sets are a-comin’. (Unwir3d)
- Why do LEGO minifigs have holes in their heads? (News Corp.)
- There’s a dating site for LEGO lovers. (Leg Godt)
- And finally, meet the woman who designed a working prosthetic leg out of LEGO. (USA Today)
I want to work with Kevin Hinkle one day.
This weekend I will be heading out to the birthplace of The LEGO Group: Billund, Denmark. The entire LEGO Community Engagement & Events (CEE) department will be together in one spot for our annual team meeting. We have several days planned to discuss a variety of current topics as well as overall strategy and team development. If you’d like a visual, just imagine the council of Elrond from the Lord of the Rings. We just need to decide who is going to take the ring to mordor.