With the success of The LEGO Movie it looks like the company is taking advantage of the heightened PR for the toy line and releasing a ton of new 2014 sets early. Continue reading
Category Archives: star wars
The LEGO Design team previews their newest set, the Ewok Village (set #10236).
Brickplate.com’s Lego News Roundup, May 7
- In your mind-blowing MOC of the Week, here is Goel Kim’s Battle of Hems Deep from The Lord of the Rings. The level of details — and sheer masses of minifigs — is Gollumesque in its madness. Says Goel, “It is 90 percent completed so far.” Hard to believe there’s still 10 percent to go! (Brothers Brick)
- Our condolences go out to the family and friends of Kathleen Fleming, director of entertainment development at Lego, who worked on projects including the TV series Lego Legends of Chima and Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles. She was 39. (Variety)
- Today in Lego video games we’ll see, but never get to play: Lego Breaking Bad. Even Walter White couldn’t get away with it. (Los Angeles Times)
- Yes, the venerable Lego company makes bonehead mistakes. For instance, they allowed a licensee to make a sticker set featuring a pervy construction worker. (Adweek)
- …And the company has apologized. (Yahoo!)
- Do you agree with Gizmodo Australia’s list of ten most useful Lego bricks?
- Finally, a side-by-side review of the original UCS X-Wing and its redesigned re-release, the Red Five X-Wing. (FBTB)
This is one of the awesome things that happen when a LEGO designer has too much time on their hands.
Craig Callum, an official LEGO designer, took the VW Bus (with a modified color scheme) and an AT-AT and made this quite excellent, um, Imperial Volkswagen.
The UCS B-Wing is their best model since the X-Wing.