Category Archives: AFOL
My version of the 2008 Batman Tumbler from set #7888
Until the announcement of the UCS Tumbler I’d forgotten that in 2008, LEGO released a pretty badass version of Batman’s hyper-armored vehicle, first seen in Batman Begins. The most recent iterations were the exclusive Target polybag and the Bane chase set from The Dark Knight Rises.
But both of those incarnations have nothing on the monster two-seater from set #7888, and while taking some liberties with a few parts (those 2×4 sloped windscreens are hard to find in black, and I didn’t have enough black 6×8 Technic modified bricks), I was able to build two of them. Now I just need the correct Batman to go along with them. 🙂
NYCLUG LEGO News #009
In this (long-delayed) edition: a really, really big Tumbler; a bus stop made out of LEGO; and what’s washing up on the shores of the U.K.? Continue reading
New SuperHeroes Sets
Don’t know about you but I’ve been waiting for a Batgirl minifig since Lego released their first Batman sets in 2006. Too bad she only comes with this $50 set which does include The Joker and Robin. Continue reading
Next Up: New Friends and Junior Sets!
The news comes to LegoLand via this nifty new TV news set, complete with a broadcast truck and anchor desk. Continue reading
New Sets at LEGO Stores!
With the success of The LEGO Movie it looks like the company is taking advantage of the heightened PR for the toy line and releasing a ton of new 2014 sets early. Continue reading
NYCLUG Lego News Roundup #004
Lots of LEGO news these past two weeks, including the newest CUUSOO set, a brick-based productivity killer from Google, and even more awesome LEGO Star Wars builds on a mini mini scale. Continue reading
Latest MOC: St. Peter’s Cathedral.
Brickplate.com’s LEGO News Roundup – July 31
- Now that the Back To The Future DeLorean is an official LEGO set, the next great 80’s movie-themed Cuusoo set could be here soon: a 30th anniversary Ghostbusters set, complete with Venkman, Stantz, Spengler, Zeddemore, the Ecto-1 mobile and yes, Slimer!
- Barnes & Noble is selling an exclusive $149 Architecture set. (PSFK)
- Here’s an oldie but goodie: Gizmodo’s Jesus Diaz’s tour of the LEGO factory from 2008.
- Despite their new LEGO Movie starring Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Batman, the film’s directors insist “We’re not making Justice League.” (Digital Spy)
- A Netflix-type service called Pleygo will allow you to build sets then return them without having to buy the set. This could work! (GeekDad)
- Two more Minecraft sets are a-comin’. (Unwir3d)
- Why do LEGO minifigs have holes in their heads? (News Corp.)
- There’s a dating site for LEGO lovers. (Leg Godt)
- And finally, meet the woman who designed a working prosthetic leg out of LEGO. (USA Today)