- The newest LEGO attraction — Legoland Discovery Center Westchester in Yonkers, NY — will host its first-ever AFOL event on Thursday, May 2, and it looks like it’ll happen every month. An Adult Fan of LEGOs dream come true, to be sure! (Westchester.com)
- The company releases yet ANOTHER $199 set, and this one is pretty awesome: the Tower of Orthanc from Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers. (GMA News)
- “There are no ballpoint grenade pens, no wrist-mounted dart guns, no Aston Martins tricked out with smoke screens, bulletproof glass, revolving license plates or ejector seats. Still, the geek-approved contraptions at Lego’s research-and-development facility in Billund, Denmark, are as covetable as anything cooked up by Q Branch.” So begins Smithsonian magazine’s fascinating feature, “How Lego Is Constructing the Next Generation of Engineers.”
- If you missed the Ultimate Collector’s Series X-Wing the first time around, it’s being re-released — or, more accurately, updated — later this month. Fingers crossed for a UCS Millennium Falcon reboot!!! (GMA News)
- Pre-order the forthcoming LEGO Marvel SuperHeroes video game and you could get some neat bonuses. (Game Revolution)
- CNET Australia interviews the only LEGO Certified Professional in the land down under.
- According to one researcher, “the average LEGO brick can be used 37,112 times.” (Geek Blog)