This amazingly-detailed model, by Flickrer RGB900, has just about every element a Canon fan would appreciate, right down to the red lens ring. The strap is designed from Lego tank treads and probably can’t be slung over one’s shoulder. But with a MOC this realistic, you never know!
- Is Lego planning to release — gasp! — a 3-D printer? (Hint: this news broke on April 1st.) Of course, this would be totally awesome IRL. [The Sociable]
- Lego will pull set #9516, Jabba’s Palace, from store shelves following accusations of racism. [The Huffington Post]
- With manufacturing plants already in Denmark, eastern Europe and Mexico, the company will open another one in China, come 2014. [The Massachusetts Republican]
- A bunch of Lego toys, having spent some time on the International Space Station, returned to Earth last week. No word on whether parents stepped all over them or not. [NBC News]
- We’re kind of surprised this hasn’t happened yet: plans are underway for the world’s first official Lego museum. [Salon]
- …and the world’s first Lego hotel opens this week. [The Press-Enterprise]