- Now that the Back To The Future DeLorean is an official LEGO set, the next great 80′s movie-themed Cuusoo set could be here soon: a 30th anniversary Ghostbusters set, complete with Venkman, Stantz, Spengler, Zeddemore, the Ecto-1 mobile and yes, Slimer!
- Barnes & Noble is selling an exclusive $149 Architecture set. (PSFK)
- Here’s an oldie but goodie: Gizmodo’s Jesus Diaz’s tour of the LEGO factory from 2008.
- Despite their new LEGO Movie starring Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and Batman, the film’s directors insist “We’re not making Justice League.” (Digital Spy)
- A Netflix-type service called Pleygo will allow you to build sets then return them without having to buy the set. This could work! (GeekDad)
- Two more Minecraft sets are a-comin’. (Unwir3d)
- Why do LEGO minifigs have holes in their heads? (News Corp.)
- There’s a dating site for LEGO lovers. (Leg Godt)
- And finally, meet the woman who designed a working prosthetic leg out of LEGO. (USA Today)
This weekend I will be heading out to the birthplace of The LEGO Group: Billund, Denmark. The entire LEGO Community Engagement & Events (CEE) department will be together in one spot for our annual team meeting. We have several days planned to discuss a variety of current topics as well as overall strategy and team development. If you'd like a visual, just imagine the council of Elrond from the Lord of the Rings.
Today in big, expensive, but totally want-able Lego sets is #12034, the Sydney Opera House.
- Need to know how to get around London? UK-based LEGO Master Builder Duncan Titmarsh built this handy map of that city’s subway as part of the 150th anniversary of the London Metro. (Londonist)
- Here’s a sneak peek of what the LEGO House in Billund, Denmark will look like. (Architecture News Daily)
- It’s not that clear nowadays, but yes, there was a time when they used to market Lego to both girls and boys equally. (Jezebel)
- And here’s a petition to get the LEGO Company to make more female minifigs via the CUUSOO project. (The Mary Sue)
- For Father’s Day, here’s Lego Darth Vader and Lego Luke Skywalker putting their past aside and enjoying some “Force fishing.” (PocketLint)
- Karachi, Pakistan gets its first Lego Store. (The Tribune Express)
- Continuing its partnership, Marvel will feature variants of Lego minifig Superheroes across its comic book titles beginning in September. (Flickering Myth)
- And here’s a neat mosaic featuring the existing Marvel SuperHeroes line. (FBTB)
I’d forgotten about Christoph Niemann’s lovely Lego ode to New York City until just now.